Museums and Heritage

Deutsches Museum

The Deutsches Museum in Munich, Germany is the world’s largest museum of science and technology, with approximately 1.5 million visitors per year and about 28,000 exhibited objects from 50 fields of science and technology.

Museum Brandhorst

The Brandhorst Museum was opened in Munich on May 21, 2009. It displays about 200 exhibits from collection of modern art of the heirs of the Henkel trust Udo Fritz-Hermann and Anette Brandhorst.

Alte Pinakothek

The Alte Pinakothek is an art museum located in the Kunstareal area in Munich, Germany. It is one of the oldest galleries in the world and houses one of the most famous collections of Old Master paintings.

Bavarian National Museum

The Bavarian National Museum in Munich is one of the most important museums of decorative arts in Europe and one of the largest art museums in Germany. From the beginning the collection has been divided into two main groups: the art historical collection and the folklore collection.

Jewish Museum

The Jewish Museum Munich, provides an overview of Munich’s Jewish history and is part of the city’s new Jewish Center located at Sankt-Jakobs-Platz in Munich, Germany. The museum was built from 2004 until its inauguration on March 22, 2007 and is run by the city of Munich.

Staatliche Sammlung für Ägyptische Kunst

The Staatliches Museum Ägyptischer Kunst in Munich is the Bavarian State Collection for Ancient Egypt art. It displays exhibits from all periods of Ancient Egypt’s history. The associated small Middle East section displays objects from the areas of Assyrian and Babylonian culture.

BMW Museum

The BMW Museum is an automobile museum of BMW history located near the Olympiapark in Munich, Germany. The museum was established in 1973.

Haus der Kunst

The Haus der Kunst is a non-collecting art museum in Munich, Germany. It is located at Prinzregentenstrasse 1 at the southern edge of the Englischer Garten, Munich’s largest park.

Museum Five Continents

The Museum Five Continents in Munich, Germany is a museum for Non-European artworks and objects of cultural value. It was renamed on September 9, 2014.

Lenbachhaus

The Lenbachhaus in Munich contains an art museum and is part of Munich’s “Kunstareal”. The gallery contains a variety of works by Munich painters and contemporary artists, in styles such as The Blue Rider and New Objectivity.

Munich Stadtmuseum

The Munich Stadtmuseum is the city museum of Munich. It was founded in 1888 by Ernst von Destouches and is located in the former municipal arsenal and stables, both buildings of the late Gothic period.

Glyptothek

The Glyptothek is a museum in Munich, Germany, which was commissioned by the Bavarian King Ludwig I to house his collection of Greek and Roman sculptures. It was designed by Leo von Klenze in the Neoclassical style.

St. Michael

St Michael is a Jesuit church in Munich, southern Germany, the largest Renaissance church north of the Alps. The style of the building had an enormous influence on Southern German early Baroque architecture. The collegiate church was only established during the reign of his son William V, Duke of Bavaria, also known as “the Pious”. Who was a supporter of the Jesuits’ Counter Reformation tenets.

Neuschwanstein Castle

Neuschwanstein Castle is a nineteenth-century Romanesque Revival palace on a rugged hill above the village of Hohenschwangau near Füssen in southwest Bavaria, Germany. The palace was commissioned by Ludwig II of Bavaria as a retreat and as a homage to Richard Wagner. Ludwig paid for the palace out of his personal fortune and by means of extensive borrowing, rather than Bavarian public funds.

Nymphenburg Palace

The Nymphenburg Palace, i. e., “Castle of the Nymph”, is a Baroque palace in Munich, Bavaria, southern Germany. The palace is the main summer residence of the former rulers of Bavaria of the House of Wittelsbach. The palace, together with its park, is now one of the most famous sights of Munich. The baroque facades comprise an overall width of about 700 metres. Some rooms still show their original baroque.

Isartor

The Isartor at the Isartorplatz in Munich is one of four main gates of the medieval city wall. It served as a fortification for the defence and is the most easterly of Munich’s three remaining gothic town gates. The gate (German: Tor) is located close to the Isar and was named after the river.

Munich Residenz

The Munich Residenz is the former royal palace of the Bavarian monarchs of the House of Wittelsbach in the centre of the city of Munich, Germany. The Residenz is the largest city palace in Germany and is today open to visitors for its architecture, room decorations…

New Town Hall

The New Town Hall is a town hall at the northern part of Marienplatz in Munich, Bavaria, Germany. It hosts the city government including the city council, offices of the mayors and part of the administration. In 1874 the municipality had left the Old Town Hall for its new domicile.

St. Peter's Church

St. Peter’s Church is a Roman Catholic Church in the inner city of Munich, southern Germany. It is also the oldest church in the district. Before the foundation of Munich as a city in 1158, there had been a pre-Merovingian church on this site. 8th century monks lived around this church on a hill called Petersbergl. At the end of the 12th century a new church in the Bavarian Romanesque style was consecrated, and expanded in Gothic style shortly before the great fire in 1327, which destroyed the building. After its reconstruction the church was dedicated anew in 1368. In the early 17th century the 91 meter spire received its Renaissance steeple top and a new Baroque choir was added.

http://world-infos.com/informationform/ http://world-infos.com/advertform/ http://world-infos.com/privacy/ http://world-infos.com/termsconditions/ http://world-infos.com http://world-infos.com http://flights4you.net/ http://rooms-4you.com/ http://rent-a-car-4you.com/ http://game-nature-reserves.com/ http://museums-heritages.com/ http://holiday-islands.com/ http://holiday-islands.com/ Image Map